Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Most Important Edu. Experience
My most educational experience happened when I was about 16, maybe 17. Not the kind of experience where you are taught by someone, but rather taught by Life. I was always very cynical about the world, that all people have a very insidious agenda and no one does anything out of pure good anymore. It was something that I really struggled with as a young woman because I didn't trust or confide in anyone due to the fact that I had such a negative outlook on humanity from being screwed over and over by so many people. I was angry at my parents for not being that peer that I really needed. I thought "THIS IS YOUR JOB!!!!! Help me!" But I soon came to find that even my parents were dealing with their own bullshit. I had known them my whole life as Mom and Dad, but as I grew, I realized that they are just people too, dealing with issues of their own. After I stopped blaming my parents for putting me on this crap planet, I came to find that it wasn't so crappy after all. I opened myself up to the goodness in people and let it radiate warmth into me. "GOODNESS EXISTS" i thought. People can be good. Life can be good. It's all about your perspective, having an open mind, and emitting that goodness back into the Universe. Because it will all come back to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment